Saturday, July 16, 2011

More savings!

On Tuesday, I went to Bloom and a quick trip into Rite Aid.

At Bloom, I had $106 order that I paid $40 for. Also, I walked out of there with 2 coupons for $15 off of future order. So I paid $40 and get $30 worth of free groceries in the future. Not bad.

At Rite Aid, I bought 3 boxes of cereal (each retail at 4.99) and a tube of toothpaste (retails at 3.99). I paid a total of 67¢ for all of it out of pocket. And the store is going to mail me a check for $2.69. That means over all, they are paying me $2.02 to buy cereal and toothpaste. Not a bad deal.

You want to know how, right? Here goes. The cereal was marked down to 2/$5. Which meant that when I bought 3 it was $7.50 total. I then had a coupon for $1 off of 3 boxes. So, I only paid $6.50. The toothpaste was marked down to $2.69 with a rebate check for the full price - $2.69. So I paid for it now, but they're going to mail me the check. I had a coupon for 75¢ off of the toothpaste. Finally, I had 2 in-store coupons. 1 was for $3 off any order of $15 or more (calculated before discounts and coupons) that I got by doing a quick survey at home after many last shopping trip and the other was from their loyalty program where I bought certain products that triggered a coupon of $5 towards a future order. That means that with the 2 store coupons I had $8 off and then I had the 2 manufacturers coupons for totaling $1.75. I paid only .67 for items that would normally cost a total of $19.19 and don't forget that they are sending me that check for $2.69. It does feel awesome!

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Well done!
Just stumbled upon your blog and got a real laugh about the things that you have said. I love it. It never ceases to amaze me the things that come out our mouths as parents!