Thursday, September 11, 2008

Carter

Before I get into this post, I have a bit of business. In my last post I forgot to mention that I was in the middle of assigning parts and putting together the Primary Program. This has been taking up any additional time I've had for the past 2 weeks. Someday, I also hope to have an actual Presidency Meeting, that would be great! I am also in charge of Sharing Time this month, so I should be working on that as well. :)
Now, on to Carter. He has always been strong willed. One time, I told him if he didn't put his bike away in the garage, I would pick it up and throw it away. Of course, I wasn't going to throw it away, it's a perfectly nice bike, but he should not have known that, he was only 3 at the time. So he looked at me and said, "Okay. Throw it away." So I picked it up and put it on top of the trash can and there is sat for 3 days until he finally said, "I want to ride my bike, I'm sorry I didn't put it away before, I promise to put it away today." Which he did. Lately, he has been SOOO argumentative. Usually, it's simple things like I tell him that he can't play until he cleans up and he says, "yes I can. I'm going to play right now." Which then starts an argument about me being the Mom and he has to do what I say and him saying things like, "I can do what ever I want." Which is always fun from a 4 year old. In the past 2 weeks he has really starting arguing about everything, it seems like he does it just to argue. I think this because he has begun arguing about facts. Here are 2 examples: Spencer said, "JM is Jacob's brother." Carter says, "No he's not." Clearly this is true and Carter knows it, he just wanted to argue. The other example is from a few days ago. It was raining and I said, "It's still raining outside." Carter said, "No it's not. There's no rain."
This is driving me crazy! You can't have an argument when the person is completely ignoring facts. How am I supposed to have a normal argument with my 4 yr. old if he isn't playing by the rules... Cheater!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel you court! Makissa is now saying to me "mommy I cant" when I know she can, she just doesnt want to do what I am asking!!! We never did those things! We were always the perfect children...right :)