Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Beany Babies

S: MOM!! Guess what!?! Little Teeny Baby Beanies are coming back.
(I start to wonder what he is talking about, but I don't have to wait long for an explanation)
S: Remember? You used to play with them when you were little. (actually, I never had any, but they were around - my siblings had them)
S: They are coming back in McDonalds Happy Meals. You will be so excited because they used to be retarded and they are bring them back.
(it only took me a second to realize that he actually meant "retired" not retarded.)
S: They won't be retarded anymore and we can get some in McDonald's happy meals, right, Mom?
Me: (trying not to laugh) that's right, they won't be retarded anymore, nor will they be retired. Maybe in a couple of weeks you can get a happy meal with one in it.

He left with a big smile on his face... came back a few minutes later...
S: Mom, Carter wants to know what a bing-y baggy thing is.

No comments: