Monday, July 27, 2009

"The best day of my life"

On Thursday morning we drove to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to go through an open house. You can find out more about it here. We were able to take the kids and it was a really good opportunity to teach them about these wonderful buildings and the things that happen there. We were inbetween rooms and my mom leans forward and says to Spencer, “maybe after this is over, we should go get a donut.” Spencer is looking around and nods. He says, “yes, this Temple is SOOOO beautiful, it makes me want to eat a donut.” Then at the end of the tour, they invited us to a reception area for cookies. Mom said, “Spencer, did you hear that? They have cookies, we won’t need to eat a donut.” Spencer said, “I think we should have cookies AND a donut.”
On the way out of the Temple, Carter leans over and says, “Mom, THAT Temple was AWESOME”
We then went to the distribution center and let the kids each get their own copy of the Book of Mormon and pick out a case for it. Spencer was super excited.
After lunch, we changed clothes and the boys went to MyGym for summer camp. They love this camp. Spencer said, “This is the best day of my life. We got to go to the Temple AND go to summer camp.”

1 comment:

Stacy Risenmay said...

We are getting ready to go. I have been wondering what my kid's reaction will be. I LOVE how your boys reacted. So cute!
I am sorry that we didn't tell you about the pregnancy when you were here. We were torn. I was extra nervous to announce this time because of my miscariage in October. I thibnk being so sick is a good sign though. (at least that is what I like to think)