Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bounteous Harvest 2: Cucumbers


I'm waaaayyy behind on posting. I took this picture of my first cucumbers back in July. Since then, I've harvested around 20-30 of them. My kids loved the first 5 of them, after that, they lost interest and I was able to eat them for several weeks after they did before I finally got sick of them. So now, I am giving them away to anyone who will take them. I have more pictures somewhere of Miana in my garden so I will find those and post them soon... Most of my cucumbers were bigger than these first ones.

1 comment:

The Petersons said...

you are lucky they are cucumbers and not zucchini--that was the only thing that would grow in our garden here at the mission home. I have made loaves and loaves of zucchini bread and froze some grated for later batches. At this point, I think cucumbers would have been better. We should combine our fabulous gardening talents!