Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Tantrum of One Incredibly Independent Baby

Last Tuesday, Miana told me that she was poopy, I checked her and she wasn't. Ten minutes later, she was poopy. So, later that night, when she said she was poopy and she wasn't yet, I decided to let her sit on the toilet, just to see what would happen. She loved this!! She would sit there a minute or so, then try to get down (sometimes even saying, "down"), as soon as she was off I would try to put her diaper on and she would yell, "pee-pee!" like it was coming any second. So, I'd put her back on the toilet and repeat the whole process. We did this exact cycle several more times, leaving her on the toilet for around 10 minutes total. I was in the middle of making dinner and couldn't sit there any longer with her, so I pulled her off and put her diaper back on... thus starting the longest tantrum she has ever had. She sat on the floor of the bathroom and screamed for 15-20 minutes. She usually gets over stuff really fast, but this lasted forever! Here is my payback for that tantrum:



Note: the yellow color in the toilet is not from her, Carter used it seconds before she did...

Here is an example of my baby being independent and tell you a little something about her personality. The other night after dinner, I heard a noise in the kitchen. The boys had not cleared their plates earlier and the noise sounded like the baby playing so I turned to see what she was doing. She took the 2 plates off the table, stacked them together in her hand and took them into the kitchen, stood on her tippy toes, and slid them into the sink. She then looked around, saw another plate on the counter and took it to the sink. I grabbed my camera because I am sure someday I will need proof that she "cleared the table and cleaned up after dinner, JUST FOR FUN!" She'll never believe me...