Monday, January 26, 2009

A quick quote from Friday night...

We don't give the kids big birthday parties every year (Spencer is friends with the whole neighborhood, primary, and school... we would have to have at least 100 kids here to satisfy him). However, we compromised for this year by letting him choose 2 friends, which turned into 3 part way through the evening, to join us for dinner, cake/ice cream, and a DVD. I don't have time to post pictures right now, but I do have a conversation that I wanted to share.

Me: We have cake and ice cream. Who wants both?
Kid 1: I want cake with Rocky Road ice cream.
Me: I only have Vanilla ice cream. We have chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.
Kid 1: I really want Rocky Road, do you have Rocky Road.
Me: Nope. I only have vanilla.
Kid 2: Oh! Do you have Butter Pecan ice cream? That's the best. I want Butter Pecan.
Me: We only have Vanilla. Do you want ice cream with your cake? If you want ice cream, it will be vanilla, just vanilla. You can have cake with vanilla ice cream, just cake alone, or just Vanilla ice cream. Which do you want?
Kids: cake and ice cream!
Spencer: Just ice cream.

It was exhausting...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sometimes I find it easier if I just dont give options!!! I know I am so mean :) I am glad He had a great birthday!!

Paige said...

Ha, I love it. Kids are great!