Thursday, April 2, 2009

On Vacation

Right before going into the hospital, Dave made some joking comment about me enjoying my upcoming vacation. Yes, having major abdominal surgery, being confined to a bed for the first 24 hours, and then having pain everytime you move after that for the next 2 weeks, certainly makes for a GREAT VACATION. When I got to the hospital, we were checking to see if there was internet access (for emailing pictures of the new baby) and found that the hospital's wireless is called: Guest Access. "Guest" hmmm. That's what we are called now. Hospitals don't have patients, they have guests. Also, I got to order room service everyday, 3 meals a day with snacks between. I had a really hard time remembering to call it a hospital, I kept saying hotel, completely on accident. There was an ice machine down the hall. I had people who cleaned my room daily, people who took care of me, people who took care of the baby, and people who would track down my people and send them to me if I pushed a button. I have determined that I was, indeed, on vacation.

No comments: