Sunday, January 24, 2010

November...

Nothing really exciting happened in November...
Let's see... Paige and Matt got sealed to their adopted daughter, Andrea got married, and we went to Disney World. That's all.


Seeing Paige be sealed to A.N. made me sooo happy, it was truly a sweet experience for me! I feel completely blessed to have witnessed it.


ANDREA GOT MARRIED!!! I will never forget how absolutely incredible she looked that day. We are excited to have B as part of the family!! (they have asked that I blur their faces)

I'm not sure who I stole these pictures from, they came from 1 of the following places: Jac's Blog, Paige's Blog, Briette's Blog, or from one of those people's facebook albums. Sorry, I stole them so long ago I don't remember.

We also went to Orlando with all of Dave's family. What a great time! We had some interesting things happen like losing Carter on Monday, leaving Spencer locked in the van in the parking lot at the hotel on Tuesday, having Miana leave the hotel room at 4 in the morning by herself and having her returned by hotel security at 4:45 and the police coming a 1/2 hour after that.

I promise that my children are well cared for. With Carter, we were trying to find a place to get a family picture at Disney's Animal Kingdom. He stopped to look at a kangeroo and we all kept walking. He turned around and we were gone. He went looking for us and when he couldn't find us, he went to a park worker and described me, giving my name and EXACTLY what I was wearing. He was very calm and we found him in a matter of minutes. The park worker praised him and said that they get lost kids all the time and they either don't talk or can't describe their parents at all. She said he was great. After I was done being worried out of my mind and after I was done being angry at him for not listening, I eventually was proud of him.

With Spencer, we all got out of the car, I thought one door was open on the other side, he stayed in the van writing in his journal. took the baby and went to the elevator, Dave was close behind and he hit the lock on the van. As the elevator closed, we heard the alarm go off on the van. We got up to our floor and noticed that Spencer wasn't with us (please keep in mind that we had at least 12 people in the elevator.) He came up on the next elevator and was mad at us for leaving him. As soon as I was done be worried and as soon as I was done being angry at him for not listening, I was proud that he was smart enough and observant enough to know which floor we were on.

With Miana, we were in a 3 bedroom unit (1 bedroom connected to a 2 bedroom suite, with an entry way connecting the 2 sides). We tried being on the 1 bedroom side and having the baby in with us but we kept waking her up and she was too loud and kept waking the kids up. We tried different configurations and finally, the only way to have the baby in a room by herself, have us hear her but not have the kids hear her in the middle of the night was for us to be on the 2 bedroom side and but the 3 older kids together on the 1 bedroom side, with the doors unlocked and open between us. We locked the outside door but it didn't have a top lock, just the bottom hotel lock that unlocks as soon as you twist it. When Miana fell asleep that night, she said she wanted to see Grandma, we told her she could see Grandma in the morning. Apparently, she woke up sometime around 4am and left to go down to Grandma's door. Grandma's door was locked (of course) and she didn't know what to do. She was outside in her PJs crying, walking up and down the walkway. Another guest heard her and brought her into their room and called hotel security to help find her parents. Of course, we were totally asleep and did not hear the front door open when Miana left. The hotel security lady said that she just had a feeling that she should knock on Vivian's door. She did and we got Miana back safe and sound. After that, we all slept on the same side of the unit with the inside door shut, with the top locked, and we would put 2 heavy chairs in front of the door, so that not even Dave and I could get out without waking everyone up. It was a scary experience!!

Here is the slide show of pictures from the trip:




3 comments:

Momma P said...

Thanks for doing this!!! Love seeing my grandkids having fun, and your explanation of what happened with all the lost kids will help verify the truth later when they are older and try to tell how 'neglected' they were.

Life Happens said...

Never a dull moment in your household. Funny stories for your kids to reflect on.

Stacy Risenmay said...

I have been waiting a long time for that whole disneyland story! You guys always have "adventures"(the kind that are only funny later). Your kids are going to to have so much fun when they are adults and recall their childhood. "Remember when..." You guys are the best!