Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day

Today, Spencer got in trouble and our conversation went something like this:

Me: No, you may not go out to ride your bike.
Spencer: Fine. Humpf. Fine! I'm going to just recycle then. (remember, he's mad at me, this was said in a huffy tone. He then went into the kitchen, got out a garbage bag.)
Me: What are you putting in that bag? Garbage?
Spencer (still in a huff): Not garbage! It's Earth Day... DUH. I'm going to recycle.
Me: What are you going to recycle?
Spencer (starting to calm down a bit): Well, maybe I will have to pick up garbage.
Me: Where are you going to find garbage?
Spencer: I have to go somewhere where there is garbage, and pick it up.
Me: Oh, I see. Why don't you try in our backyard.
Spencer (completely calm now): Okay. Bye.

What else are you going to do when your mom says you can't ride your bike? After all, it's Earth Day, duh.

2 comments:

Paige said...

That is great that he "got back at you" with a good old celebration of Earth Day!

The Petersons said...

He continues to be my comic relief...