Friday, April 18, 2008

initials and acronyms... just something to break the blogging silence

There is a poem that I have been sent through email many times that comes to mind in the past few days. I will try to include it here at the end. I went on a field trip with Carter's class a couple of weeks ago. I had never been to the place where we were going and was not all that familiar with the city it was in (Winchester... we try to avoid the downtown area there because it is all one-way streets, streets that split depending on the lane you're in, and roads that just cut off and become pedestrian areas only...) So, I asked the teacher for the address so I could input it into my GPS. I did so and although we had issue because I didn't know where to park once we got there, I was at least in the general area. We got inside and I was telling the teacher that I had trouble finding the parking lot and she said, "Yes, you're PS3 would not have known where the parking lot was."
Twice in the last week a neighbor has brought his Nintendo DS over to play Star Wars when I tell the kids that the Wii needs to rest. Carter loves to watch him play and yesterday said to me, "Mom, I want him to bring his GPS back over so we can play."
So just for clarification: A GPS is not a gaming unit such as the PS3 or the DS, nor do the video game units give directions on how to get places. Perhaps it is time for someone to invent an all in one unit called i-GPDS3 which does everything so we don't have to remember all of those silly letters... I hear the i-phone comes really close...
Here's the poem (I don't have any references on who wrote it, why, or where it came from):
My son's a CTR ... I go to PEC.
I work for CES....I study the TG.
I read the B of M .... I probe the D&C.
I search the KJV . I ponder the JST.
Today in BYC ... we planned for EFY.
I stayed a little after ... and had a PPI.
The YM and YW .... are putting on a play.
It's one that I remember ...we did in MIA.
Before our oldest son ...went in the MTC,
He helped the BSA ..... complete their SME.
Soon our oldest daughter... is heading for the Y.
Soon our oldest clothing ... is going to DI.
Now, if you've understood .... this alphabetic mess,
The chances are quite good ... that you are LDS.

1 comment:

The Petersons said...

I remember reading that poem one time--I think it is really clever. Thanks for reminding me of it! Hope you are having a great birthday party for your two April birthdays...