Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Thoughts and Random Actions

Here are a few thoughts about my pregnancy: I am 3 weeks away from my due date, yesterday marked 2 weeks away from my scheduled c-section. I am exhausted, fairly big, and extremely uncomfortable. The baby is riding low, making every movement difficult for me. I can't get comfortable at night, I wake up every 1-2 hours to use the restroom and get a drink (I've been so thirsty lately), then I have to try to go back to sleep, which can take a while. I haven't been very hungry for the last week or so, which is bad because I have to eat. Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to do it, other times, I don't eat regularly, which later causes me to binge on things I shouldn't be eating. My stomach is big and very, very round. In other pregnancies I was more filled out in the front of me by this time. What I mean is that upper and lower abdomin were equally big by now. For this pregnancy, my lower abdomin is not as big as the upper part, making it seem like I have a nice watermelon, sitting horizontally, under my shirt. Then I have just my normal fat roll below that.

This brings me to my story. I have to write this so I don't forget that it happened, but it is a little gross and so, if you don't want to read it, stop now.

Yesterday, I was on the phone with Andrea. Carter walked into the kitchen where I was and gave me a big hug. His head hits right at my big tummy level. He often likes to lift up my shirt and kiss my tummy because he says he is giving the new baby kisses. This is very sweet, so I don't mind. He also is fascinated by how firm my huge stomach is... So, when he started to lift up my shirt and put his mouth to my stomach, I didn't think much of it, I countinued my phone conversation. Then, I noticed that he wasn't kissing, he was... licking. Yes, he began licking my tummy all over, side to side and around in circles. I sat there shocked. I didn't even know what to do. Then, I just started laughing. The more I laughed, the more he thought it was a funny thing and so he licked more. I got off the phone with Andrea and said to him, "why are you licking me?" He smiled and said, "because your tummy is like a big trampoline." I was a bit confused... I asked, "Do you lick trampolines?" "No." The conversation went back and forth like this for a while. I got from him only this... my tummy is hard, but a little bouncy, like a trampoline and he wanted to lick it, because it reminded him of a trampoline. I'm still not sure of the connection.
Anyway, I told you it was gross and not to read, so no comments about how gross it was... :) He's a funny, very random, loving child!

No comments: