Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update before leaving for the hospital...

To continue from my last post... Spencer woke up at 5am on Saturday and threw up. He threw up several more times until about noon. After that he rested a bit, ate a grilled cheese sandwich (certainly NOT something I would think sounded good, but it did to him) and he never threw up again. He was doing much better by that night. Both boys woke up at about 4am and headed downstairs to watch TV. One came up to ask me a question and told him that it was still the middle of the night and that they needed to go back to bed. They did. I woke up at 7am and they were awake, but I don't know how long they had been up. Spencer seemed okay, until it was time for church. He kept saying that he was really cold. I took his temperature and it was normal. We went to church and he fell asleep during Sacrament Meeting (as did Carter). When they woke up, both boys were feeling good and ready for class. We got home and Spencer started complaining of being really hot. I took his temperature again, this time it was at 99 degrees, so I gave him some water and sent him up to rest, he was asleep within a few minutes, slept for an hour and then we gave him some children's Advil. When it kicked in, he was going great. Which is good because we had guests...
Woohoo!!! The Cahoons came for a visit!!! It was fun to have see Jann and Mike (and of course Mike's wife, Alicia, and their 2 girls). They seem to be doing well. Made me wish that we lived closer to them (or them to us) so we could get together more often. We had a great time (at least I did)! We wish Mike well as he heads off to Puerto Rico, it should be a new and exciting adventure for their family. Who knows, we just might have to visit some time!

No comments: