Friday, March 20, 2009

This week...

Monday morning I had a doctor's appointment. My blood pressure was low and I had no internal progress at all... so no need to take the baby earlier than planned. The doctor told me that there were no more office visits needed, just to check in at the hospital next week for my c-section. Okay, that means 1.5 weeks. I can do that, right? (Please note, that my RS President knew that I was going to be at the doctor that day, so she brought me dinner that night so I wouldn't have to worry about it.) That night, I had trouble getting comfortable and couldn't fall asleep. I fell asleep about 10:30pm and then woke up with a jolt, I needed to use the bathroom. I looked at the clock and got angry. It was only 11pm. Not fair that I only slept for 1/2 hour... and then couldn't get back to sleep. I then tossed and turned until 11:40 when I had to go to the bathroom again... and my foot itched horribly. Back in bed at 11:43 I layed there trying to fall asleep. At 11:50 Miana woke up crying, I went in there and immediately smelled the throw up, it was ALL over the bed. I scooped her up, took her to my bathroom undressed her and cleaned her off, by 11:56 I was downstairs doing laundry, by 12:03 I was making a bed on my bathroom floor for Miana. She stayed there for a whole 5 minutes, then she brought me her entire bed (3 blankets and a towel) to my bed and wanted to lay with me. I took the towel and put her in bed with me. About 10 minutes later, she started talking to herself, loudly. "Night, night. Bed. Mommy, Daddy." I asked her to be quiet several times and finally decided to take her back to the bathroom. I put her down on the floor gathered up her towel and blankets and walked into the bathroom, I then heard her... throwing up... again... she did it on the carpet between my bed and the bathroom. I finished her bed, gave her a bottle with water in it and then went to clean up the carpetby the time I got back in bed, ready to sleep, it was nearly 1am. A few minutes later, Dave jumps out of bed because he could hear her drinking from her bottle and it sounded like throwing up (he didn't know she had a bottle). I told him to relax and he got back in bed and she heard us, came out of the bathroom and wanted to get in bed. Dave tried to take her back to her room but she started laughing and running all over the bed, it took both of us to catch her. She threw up about a half an hour later, but Dave took care of it. During the night, I had to go to the boys' bathroom to pee all night because I didn't want to chance waking her up. That morning she heard the alarm go off, came into my room, I put a towel down in my bed and she laid by Dave while I took a shower and then he brought her in to me at the end, so she could get a shower and make sure she was all cleaned up from the night. She threw up again at 8:30am, so I called a friend to come take Carter to school and while we were waiting, I heard a horrible sound come from Miana's rear end. I changed her diaper (diarrhea) after Carter left and I tried laying down for a minute, but it was hard because she was not tired and was running all over the house. The nice thing is that Miana is learning that she should throw up in the toilet, so every so often she would run into the bathroom, spit in the toilet and say, "good girl" and then run away, it was funny. She ran around the house all morning singing the "hello song" from church right now, which is also funny. She had some mild diarrhea all day, but no more throwing up... until bedtime. I had washed her sheets and Dave made the bed up for her so she could sleep in her own bed. She slept for about 1/2 hour when we heard cry again. I went in and she had thrown up a little bit on the floor and on the bed in, all the clean blankets and clean mattress pad were now dirty once again. She came downstairs and stayed up with us until about 10pm. She slept on the floor in our bathroom again. Wednesday morning I woke up and started to feel a little sick to my stomach, this happens when you're pregnant, so I ate breakfast. Which I then threw up. I threw up one more time before taking Carter to school (9am) I went to the store to stock up on Gatorade, ginger ale, crackers, bananas and apples (to stop diarrhea), and Pedialyte (to rehydrate Miana). I then threw up in the parking lot. I ran one more errand, came home and threw up again. By 11am I was throwing up every 10 minutes or so, with some diarrhea of my own... I called a friend to pick up Carter (the same one who had taken him the day before for me). He came home, I got him some lunch, gave Miana some crackers and Pedialyte, and my neighbor called. "I hear you are sick, please send Carter to my house so you can get some rest." I thanked her and sent him on his way. I put Miana down for a nap and laid down. I slept the rest of the afternoon. Waking up to 2 of my friends cleaning my kitchen. My neighbor, who had Carter, picked up Spencer after school. I was still not able to keep anything down, at all, so I called the doctor to see how worried I should be about the baby. I was told that if I could not keep anything down by the next morning that I should go to the ER and get IV fluids to rehydrate. One more thing to worry about. Another friend called me shortly after that and offered to watch Miana the next morning should I need to go to the ER. Someone brought us dinner that night. I was able to rest knowing that my family was taken care of. My friends are really amazing!! I threw up at 4:45, and that was it until about 10pm or so. During that time I was able to get some gatorade down and a few crackers. After that last throw up, I was able to get a whole bottle of gatorade down (the 12 oz. size) and started to feel better. We went to bed and I fell asleep quickly. Dave had trouble sleeping and had some indigestion, I felt bad that I was able to rest and he wasn't. Sometime around 11:30 or 12, Carter woke up crying. He said he just had to go to the bathroom, but I had a bad feeling about it. Dave, who still hadn't fallen asleep yet, took care of him and put him back in bed. At 12:15, we heard "the cry." Carter always screams and cries when he throws up. I jumped out of bed, grabbed him and dragged him to the bathroom to finish throwing up in the toilet. He kept saying, "I threw up, I threw up" I asked him where, fearful it was on the bed. He said, "on the floor." Floors I can do, beds shared with sleeping brothers, I can not. I got Carter cleaned up and situated on the "bed" on my bathroom floor and returned to clean up the mess in his room. Also, the toilet in his bathroom was now clogged, we're not sure why. I saw that he had been climbing down the ladder on his bed when he "tossed his cookies" and so it was on the ladder, the lower bed (just a mattress right now, not even a mattress pad), and on the carpet. I cleaned up what I could but the smell was getting to me and my stomach was a still a little touchy. I asked Dave, who still had not been to sleep yet, to help me. He cleaned up what he could, rinsed out the cloth, and unclogged the toilet. We had one more bout of throw up before Dave got to sleep at 2am. I took the rest of the night so he could sleep and try to fight whatever he was coming down with. He woke up at 6am to go to work. During the night, Carter threw up 2 more times, had diarrhea once, and was either very upset (half asleep and crying) or very alert and talkative. He was having very deep conversations with me when he should be sleeping. He was concerned about missing school because Thursdays are gym days. He loves gym with Coach Terry. At 5am his conversation was the most thoughtful. "Mom, I can not go to school because I still have germs, right? They will all sit in a circle and the teacher will say, 'and we are missing Carter today.' I will go to school on Monday. Can I go out to play when Spencer gets home from school?" I explained that he needed to stay in and make sure all of the germs were gone before playing with any friends or dogs. He went back to sleep but came into my bed when Dave got up for work. Carter has had no more issues. Miana's diarrhea has gotten a little worse, I am doing well, but OH SO TIRED. Dave is going through some tough times at work trying to finish up projects before we have this baby next week, and they have just given him some new projects this week... knowing that he only has until today to work on them. Monday and Tuesday he will be in Atlanta teaching a class, Wednesday, we are having a baby. He has to find capable people to finish the projects up while he is unavailable. I am hoping that we can relax a little AFTER the baby comes because before that, we're not getting any rest... HA, HA, HA! Very funny, resting when you have a newborn!!! That IS Funny!

3 comments:

Paige said...

I'm sorry your family has been so sick and miserable lately. Hey, where's a final belly shot? You can email it to me if you want ;-)

Unknown said...

i am so sorry. that is horrible. i hate it when the entire family gets sick. you are blessed to have such great friends take care of some of your needs when you are feeling so sick!

Jane said...

I am sorry you've sick, I miss being close to you guys.