Thursday, September 10, 2009

My parents came home!

We have had such a busy summer! School got out the end of June and just 2 weeks later my parents came home on July 4th! It was amazing to see them and have them back in "my world." I had truly missed being able to just call my mom up on the phone and talk. I think I called her every day that next week just because I could! To prepare for their arrival I had the kids do a 3 day project during HW time. Day 1 assignment was to figure out what they wanted to say on the sign and write (or trace) the words onto the sign in pencil and go over it with paint. Day 2 assignment was to draw a picture on the front but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was supposed to be of. I remember that on Spencer's he was supposed to look up on the computer and draw pictures of the 3 flags from my parents mission and 1 flag for the US and draw them on the poster, but I can't remember what Carter's assignment was... somehow both posters ended up with lots of suns drawn on them. Day 3 assignment was to turn the posters over and draw what they thought Nana and Papa would as soon as they got home. Carter predicted that they would walk all over their house and look at everything, Spencer predicted that Papa would go on a 4-wheeler ride and go all around his property. (I thought they would eat dinner and go straight to bed). Here is a picture of us at the airport:
Spencer's sign is the best, it says, "I love you... I like you" After the airport, we stopped and picked up pizza and went out to their house for pizza and some dessert. The first thing my dad did was go inside and start wandering around the house (good prediction, Carter!) We then had dinner and the boys had to explain their signs to Nana and Papa (oral presentation) as part of homework. We didn't want to stay too long with them being so tired, so we had dessert and packed up the kids. I found out that right after we left, my dad got on the 4-wheeler and went out to look all around his property (Spencer's prediction!) My kids really know their Nana and Papa!

No comments: