Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hckguha! huuuaaahhh

That's what I heard from the other room. That's what a cough and trying to catch your breath sounds like. Baby was in her swing, had just finished a bottle and Carter was jumping around near the couch, a few feet from her. He had just asked me for some chocolate milk. Baby often gags herself with her fingers, so I was not surprised by the sound, however, I still check to make sure she is safe. After I looked across the room and saw that she was fine and smiling at me, I opened the fridge to get out some milk for Carter and I said out loud, "Why are you choking, Baby? That's not good." Carter heard, "Why are you choking Baby? That's not good." You see, it's impossible to hear a comma in a sentence, but it can mean a world of difference. I assumed Baby had choked/gagged herself, but I soon found out differently. Carter looked at me very seriously and said, in a gruff voice, "But I have to choke her if you don't get me chocolate milk." I said, "You were choking the baby?" "Yes, because you didn't get me chocolate milk yet." So let's review what I saw, Baby in swing, Carter jumping around on floor, nope, Carter running away from the baby, when he heard me coming down the hall. He let go, she started to cough, I came into the room, and well, you know the rest of the story. And just so you know, we had a long talk about NOT choking people and about how he wasn't getting chocolate milk. Good things I wasnt' gone long...

Just as an afternote... should anyone visit my house sometime and wonder why I am not a very good house keeper, just note that I spend most of my day making sure that all 3 children are alive by the end of the day. Anything else that gets done is just a bonus!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad Baby is okay!