Monday, December 24, 2007

Bus Stop Gossip

The following is based on a true story, but I was not present so I had to make up most of actual dialog... but it is the essence of what happened. In order to imagine it as it happened. You have to think of it as a bunch of ladies standing around gossipping at the bus stop.

Lisa: I think we have all of Christmas shopping done but I have a few more things I have to get.
Amy: I do too, I have to go into Purcellville. I wonder if Purcellville Market Place is open and if they still have some Christmas decorations and stuff.
Dave: It's open, we just went this morning. They had tons of Christmas stuff still. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Why is this so funny? Probably because of how it was accounted to me. It was my husband, came home from the bus stop and said, in a rather excited tone, "I got to participate in bus stop gossip today!" I said, "oh really, how so?" He said, "The ladies were talking about Christmas shopping and wanted to know if Purcellville Marketplace was open. I told them it was and that we just went there this morning!"

He was so excited, it was just funny to hear a grown man so excited about being able to contribute meaningful information to a "female" conversation. It was like it hit him that women actually talk to share information, not just to hear themselves talk, as he had previously believed. Welcome to our world, Dave!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Hey Dave, I LOVE to gossip. Just ask Courtney. I'm glad to hear you do as well!