Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our first snow...

Yesterday was our first snow of the season, which of course, was very fun for the kids. Except, with Spencer in school, he also felt the disappointment of having to wait until school was over to go outside to play in it... So this was my afternoon yesterday:
Carter: I need my gwubs.
Me: I don't know where they are.
Carter: Keep wooking, Mom. Don't give up. You can find dem.
Me: I only can find one, let's go get dressed.
NOTE - dressing to go out in the snow takes about 20 min.
Me: Bye, have fun.
(3 min. pass, literally, then a knock on the door.)
Carter, crying: Mom. I don't like it, it's cold.
Me: yes, it's snow.
Carter: I need my other gwub.
Me: I don't know where it is.
Carter: I need my gwubs! Now!
Me: We don't have it, so stay in or go out without it.
Carter: I am going to stay in.
Note- getting undressed from snow clothes takes about 10 minutes.
(1 min. passes, literally.)
Carter: I need my gwub.
Me: We don't have it.
Carter: I want to go back outside. Can I wear Spencer's gwubs?
Me: You just came in.
Carter: I have to go outside and play with Spencer. I can wear Spence's gwubs.
Note - getting dressed to go outside takes about 20 min.
(5 min. pass, I am sure he will be out for a while because Spencer is now out there. 1 more minute and a knock at the door.)
Carter, crying: It's so cold, I don't like it. I need to come in.

I went through something similar with Spencer but he was able to get mostly dressed by himself, the boots were a bit tricky and he didn't care about gloves, also, it was a lot less frequent. Spence would be out fro about an hour at a time, but would come in and strip completely down. Stay in for 15 minutes and head back out again. Snow is tiring, at least for me.

No comments: