Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spencer: Humanitarian of the year, Part 1

It seems that most of my posts lately have been about my sweet, sweet, sweet 6 year old... He loves to help, he loves to make people happy, and wants everyone to get exactly what they want or need in life. He knows that we don't have a lot and is always thinking of ways he can help. I tell him to just try not to be wasteful and to be careful not to ruin anything. Of course, this is very hard for an active 6 year old. So, several weeks ago, he made signs that each had a different amount on them: 1, 10, 25, and 100. He then put several drawings in piles and put a sign on top of each pile. He informed me that those were the amounts that he was going to sell each pile for (I don't know if each drawing was worth the amount, or the entire pile, he didn't specify). He then smiled and said, "and I'm going to give all the money to you and Daddy, so you can buy the things you need." How do you tell a child that the neighbors don't want to buy his drawings and that NO ONE would buy them for $100? You don't.

2 comments:

The Petersons said...

was this a subliminal message that grandparents are supposed to buy artwork? (another solution to your high water bills!)

ctarbet said...

No, no hinting here. Of course, should you want to buy artwork, I could set you up with a nice $100 piece (or 2). Maybe I will set up a paypal account and a store website. :)