Thursday, May 21, 2009

Milestones

Yesterday was quite the day for milestones. First and foremost was the moment that my sweet baby smiled at me. She has been smiling since about 3-4 weeks old, but never looking at anyone. Then, she smiled at my Mother-in-law and then at my Sister-in-law, and then one day at my friend. I have tried and tried and tried to get her to look at me and smile, but she wouldn't. I was starting to think that she didn't like me. Yesterday, she looked at me and smiled BIG! I loved it. I grabbed my camera while she was in the same mood and tried taking pictures of her, but no more smiles. Sorry.

Less importantly, but perhaps just as exciting: yesterday my boys had twinkie for the first time. Actually I was quite proud that Spencer was 7 and only now had his first bite of a Twinkie. Before I get comments from Mom about that not being healthy... They now come in a 100-calorie pack. There are 3 mini cakes in the pack. I had one, Spencer had one, and Carter had one. So, we each had about 33 calories a piece... not the end of the world.

2 comments:

The Petersons said...

Is it time for the BYU co-ed in an elevator Twinkie jokes?

Tamee said...

Courtney,
Fun to catch up on you and the kids. We miss seeing everyone.
Keith is going to Europe in a few weeks for a conference and wanted to see your parents? Do you have my email...tameejones@yahoo.com.
And I wanted to see Conner's blog again but i can't find it. Is he still blogging.
Oh, and I have a friend that wants you father-in-laws secrets for tomatoes growing. Any tips?
We just found out that we are having another baby girl! Garrett feels like Conner.