Monday, May 12, 2008

Carter knows everything

In preschool today they were talking about opposites so on our way home I thought I would reinforce that. I asked Carter to put his hands way up in the air, I then asked him to show me the opposite, he put his hands down, pointing to the floor. I praised him for doing such a good job and thought I would introduce him to left and right and so that it would be easier to learn later, thinking that exposure is the best teacher, right? Here's our conversation...
Me: Carter, now point to the right. (Here's where I thought I would have to show him, nope, he pointed to the right, I was really shocked.)
Me: Now point to the left. (again, he knew what to do, I couldn't believe it, I think I was like 10 or maybe 25 when I learned left from right)
Me: How do you know where left and right are?
Carter: I just knowed those things.
Me: Well, you are really smart.
Carter: I know. I just know all the things.

Yes, yes you do. Someday I hope to know all the things too.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I still don't know left from right without looking for the freckle on my right hand--very impressed!

The Petersons said...

Trent has a mole on his hand to help him...Personally, I haven't had a lick of trouble since I got married; also my right hand had a callous on the finger that holds a pencil or pen. These are very helpful.