Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Florida Day 1: Flying to Florida

Our trip started on Wednesday, May 21, 2008. We had packed almost everything up the night before and since we didn't need to leave our house until 10:00 am, we took it nice and slow in the morning, just double checking everything, packing carry-on bags, taking showers, etc. So, Dave went up stairs to get ready for the day while I finished a few things down stairs and then I went up to get in the shower. There was a 3-5 minute time period when we were both upstairs and the kids were downstairs. I came downstairs, saw the 3 bags zipped up and sitting next to the front door and got a little grouchy with Dave. I still needed to pack our toiletries and I had wanted to weigh all of them to make sure that none were too heavy. It meant I needed to drag all of the bags back down the hall to the living room where they had been, they all weighed between 30-42lbs, they were heavy and bulky. So as I am complaining to Dave that he moved the bags when I wasn't done with them, he looked at me and said, "It wasn't me. Your son did that." What?!? My 6 year old had zipped up all the bags and moved them from the family room, down the hall and around the corner, to the front door so that we could leave. My 6 year old had moved the 42 lb. bag down the hall, he only weighs 59lbs himself, I don't think I could possibly move something that weighed only 17 lbs less than I did. I'm sure he used the wheels some, but he still had to lift it up from the ground, drag it on the carpet before it even got to a place where he could use the wheels. I'm very impressed.
We got everything packed and we were off, Aunt Danielle dropped us off at the airport (THANK YOU!!) and we got through security pretty quickly and as we were putting our shoes on we got to see our really good friend Miss Denise. She works at the airport and my boys got to see her there and give her a big hug, they thought that was SOOO COOL! As we got on the plane the pilot invited the boys into the cockpit, he then asked if we wanted to take a picture! We've had pilots invite us to peek in before but this was really cool, he even let the boys sit in his seat! It was an over-all pleasant day (I can't remember if we went swimming that day or not)...
and I gave everyone except Miana a lollipop on the plane, but she kept putting her mouth on the other end of Dave's stick, here's a picture of them "sharing" the lollipop...

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

That's so fun Court!!

Paige said...

Cool, i love the cockpit picture!