Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dinner?

So, yesterday was a really bad day. Nothing I can't handle, but it just seemed like I was having bad luck or something (maybe I was being punished for deleting one of those emails that says, "if you don't forward this to 15 people, you will have bad luck") Anyway, so I decided that for part of dinner we would have this cheesy bread made with a blend of cheeses that are generally healthier than regular pizza. They were rather expensive, but really, really good... So, I set the timer for the required amount of time (said 8-10 minutes, I set it for 8) and went on to do other things. About 6 minutes later, I decided to check on them and when I opened the oven, a ton of black smoke poured out. I looked down at the heating element and couldn't see anything on it, there was nothing visible in the oven that would have caused it to smoke like that, but it was too late... dinner was ruined. All of them had a layer of gray soot on them, it was disgusting, I'm sure it would have been safe to eat, but I don't know what they would have tasted like and I really didn't feel comfortable feeding it to my children. So... hot dogs in the microwave! Yum, yum... Here's some pictures, you will notice in one of them I stuck my finger in and moved the gray part aside so you could see what it was supposed to look like...

1 comment:

The Petersons said...

All I can say is, YUK! I am glad you didn't feed those to anyone, even the neighbor's dog... Don't you just love cooking disasters? We have the right genes to create this type of experience without even trying.