Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Florida Day 2, part 2: Next stop- Memory Lane

After the beach, we headed back to the hotel room for a quick swim and some rest. After spending most of the afternoon in the hotel room, I decided we needed to get out and do something. So we drove to my old neighborhood. It wasn't very far away, but since we didn't want to pay $2 in tolls to get there, we had to go a not very quick way to get there. Anyway, I got some quick pics of the house, tried to get some of the backyard with little luck because of how big all of the plants have gotten. I was trying to figure out how they got so big in such a short amount of time, so I tried to figure out how long it has been, I feel like it was only about 5 years or so... no, it has been 19 years. Yes, that makes sense, trees can grow that big in 20 years, not in 5... Wow! We moved away in 1989... Anyway, got some pictures of the house, front and back, and then we went down a street to see the Jackson's old house, took some pictures of that, went to the elementary school, let the kids play on the playground for a while, and then, on our way home, we saw this huge (likely around 4-5 ft. long) orange snake sunning himself on the street. I don't know much about snakes, but I think this was some sort of corn snake?? Anyway, enjoy the pics and my little trip down Memory Lane... PS- Dave hates Memory Lane and NEVER wants to go back with me... He put up with a lot from me this trip...

3 comments:

Paige said...

YAY! Those pictures were awesome, I love memory lane. Thanks so much for going there and taking those. I can't believe it's been 20 years...I remember it like it was yesterday.

The Petersons said...

that house is still a pretty good looking place. The snake, though, reminds of just one of the reasons I won't be moving back to Florida any time soon. thanks for the pictures, and I am sure Dave will recover from the pain...

ctarbet said...

not likely