Thursday, October 16, 2008

Appreciation


First of all, for those of you who asked how you can get your own Miss Denise, here's the answer: There are tons of houses for sale in my neighborhood, buy one of those, move in, and I will be happy to share Miss Denise with you!

I have had various health problems lately (back problems, leg problems, nausea, seasonal allergies, a sinus infection, just to name a few) and so I have had to do a lot of "resting." (Yes, I used the quotes because those of you who have three or more children know that there is little time for actual rest.) I have, however, been unable to stand for long periods of time and for the majority of the last 3 weeks, I have not been able to sit at all. Which means I have spent most of the time lying down, either on the couch or on the floor. During this time, Miana has thought that I was down low so that I could play with her. When I am on the floor she climbs or sits on me, when I'm on the couch she brings me things. I have really come to appreciate her personality. She says and does the cutest things. I look at everything she does with wonder, amazement, and excitement. She, being the 3rd child, has often been overlooked because of all the hustle and bustle in our home. Early mornings are spent getting the boys ready for school, mornings are spent running errands, afternoons are her nap time, and evenings are for getting homework done. Notice in there I never mentioned housework or meals... Sometimes Miana doesn't even get a real breakfast because I am getting things done for the boys. She is often left to entertain herself. I have been grateful for the inability to do real housework the last couple of weeks because of the time it has given me to see who Miana is and spend time with her! I love my sweet little girl! Hooray for Sciatica!

No comments: