Monday, October 27, 2008

The story of the old shoes:

I never buy expensive shoes. Never. If they cost more than $30, they are not worth it. Sometime around 10 years ago, I bought these shoes, I think they cost about $25-


They were my favorites. They had just the right amount of heel to help me feel dressy, but it was wide enough not to feel clumsy. The straps made me feel feminine, which was a nice feeling after a long week of chasing kids. 2 months ago, the strap broke on one of the sandals. It was beyond repair and I was devastated. It was like losing an old friend. I then began my search for new black dress sandals. After searching online and finding nothing. I gave up the search for several weeks until my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law took me shopping and were determined to find me some shoes. After 2 shoes stores, I think they realized that I had something very specific in mind and wasn't going to settle for anything less. That's right, I wanted MY black sandals. Some exactly like the ones that broke. We finally gave up the search after going into 4-5 stores. A few days later, I got back on the internet and found several pairs that were okay, all very expensive. I chose my favorite pair.

They were a pricey $75, which I was willing to pay if they fit well and if I thought they would last me awhile. So I bought them.
Here is the story of the new shoes:
First, I saw that they came in a very child-like box.

With cute little bears. I thought that was interesting, but that was it.
Then I opened the box, it slid open from the side, which was a very fancy way to do it. The shoes were covered in a beautiful tissue paper, which also made them seem fancy (I think everything seemed fancy because I had paid so much)
Next, I noticed the fancy shape holder inserts, they were very fancy with the printed bow on them (not the scrunched up paper that I normally see)

Then I started to turn them over...

... and found the most beautiful unicorn a girl could ever imagine!
And, yes! Their are 2 of them!!!
The artwork alone was worth the $75! Too bad they were a little tight and seemed a bit flimsy in construction. I had to send them back!

At least it made me laugh!

6 comments:

Jane said...

I bet you can get it fix in China for cheap!

The Petersons said...

That is really funny! I have never seen art on the soles before--"sole-art" I guess you might say, or "art for the sole"...

Stacy Risenmay said...

When I first lokked at this post there were only pictures of the shoes. I have wondered about the story behind them ever since. I am glad I checked back! How funny!

Stacy Risenmay said...

(that would be "looked". . . sorry.)

ctarbet said...

yes, I did have the post up for a couple of hours with just the pictures on it, sorry...

Paige said...

I wish I'd looked at your blog sooner; the unicorns are even funnier than you described!