Friday, October 24, 2008

Mob lynching, death to spiders...

So, there was a small house spider on our kitchen floor this morning. I don't like spiders and don't want them inside my house. I have adopted a friend's motto that if we are in their environment, we leave them alone (mostly) and if they are in our environment, I can do what I want with them... like smash them. Anyway, this morning, I got a shoe and smashed the spider, left the room to get toilet paper to clean him up off the floor and when I returned, I saw my 2 young children, each had a shoe in hand and were taking turns smashing the spider. Carter hit it, then Miana, then Carter, then Miana. That spider was dead, as dead as any one tiny creature could be. I almost felt sorry for it, falling victim to the mob like that, but then I remembered that I had smashed decently the first time, so it felt nothing of the other attacks... Fun times at our house!

1 comment:

The Petersons said...

You learned your violent, spider-destroying skills from the expert. I say the really only good spider (in my house) is a smashed, dead one.