Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Naked? Is that the right word?

This morning on the way to preschool, Carter was looking out the window. He commented on the different colors that the leaves are turning on the trees. He commented that some were yellow, some were red, some brown, and some still green. He then asked if sometimes they turn orange. I told him that that some trees do have leaves that turn orange in the Fall. He then listed all of the colors (the ones I just mentioned) and added at the end, "and blue, right Mom, sometimes they turn blue." I told him that I had never seen a blue leaf in the Fall, that mostly they are green and turn to red, orange, or yellow and eventually all turn brown. He then said, "In the Fall, the leaves are all the pretty colors and then in Winter, the trees are naked."

Well, um, yes, I suppose that is technically true.

No comments: