Thursday, October 9, 2008

Carter and the Green Tomato Relish

We have a wonderful neighbor who is amazing with my kids and takes care of me and my family. She is what the boys call, "our Miss Denise." Everyone should have a Miss Denise, really. She knows everything about everything and is always there to help. She has my kids help her in the garden and occassionally in the kitchen. She is the neighborhood "freezy pop" provider and you can often see her teaching all of the neighbor kids to stop, look, and listen before crossing the street. She teaches my kids to do their chores when I can't get them to pick up a single thing without a huge fight. She is a great blessing to me. This week she came over and picked the rest of my tomatoes (mostly green ones) and helped me pull my garden so it will be ready for a nice compost pile over the next few weeks and winter. She took the whole box of tomatoes home and then had Carter come and help her make Green Tomato Relish. Here are the pics she took and a couple that Carter took of our Miss Denise.

4 comments:

The Petersons said...

You are really blessed to have her! Thanks for the video of Carter--when you asked him if he helped Miss Denise make relish, did he say, "No I didn't" ???

BCP said...

How does one go about finding their own "Miss Denise"? I know that my kids could use one.

B

Cabbage Soup Diet

Stacy Risenmay said...

You have a cute blog! I am glad I found you through facebook! This will be an easy way to keep in touch. I love the list of things you have said to your kids!!!

Unknown said...

Courtney, am so happy to here you and Carter are enjoying Miss Denise, We miss her alot back here in Michigan, to everyone else who are looking for their own Miss Denise I am so sorry to tell you our mother only made one of her

Robere (Miss Denise's older brother)