Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pets: Part 2

I should save this for tomorrow, since I've posted so much today, but I wanted to do it before I forgot all of the details...

About a year ago, Carter started telling people that he had a cat. Just occassionally would mention it, but it wasn't like he was walking around pretending that there was a cat in the house. People would ask him if he had any pets and he would always say, "yes, a cat." I would have to explain that he does not have a cat but that his aunt has 2 and our neighbor has 1 and that really likes them. He did this for about a month and then we didn't hear about the cat again.

On Monday, we were in the car and he all of a sudden starts talking about his cat. I will try to remember all of the details, "It is black with stripes, he likes to lay on my bed, sometimes he sleeps in the baby's bed. His name is Grandpafish." So, this was actually a little freaky for me because of the details. There were more but that is all I can remember.

Today, my neighbor brought me some clothes, a rather large pile of them in my front entry way. Carter jumped into the pile, as any kid would, but what he said next really threw me. "Yes, the cat will really like this. He likes clothes." He then began rolling on his back and stretching, he looked just like a cat! It's a little freaky, I am beginning to wonder if he has a split personality!?! Just kidding, of course.

What to do? One kid who wants a dog, which we aren't getting. One kid who wants a cat, which we aren't getting, or thinks we already have one or that he is one! It would work out perfectly if Spencer wanted a cat and Carter thought he was one, everyone would be happy!! Oh, well.

No comments: