Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Urgency

but, as a warning, it is a little bit of a "personal" note, so don't read it if you aren't up to it...

You know that feeling when you have to go to the bathroom so bad, you've been holding it all day, you know the one I'm talking about...

Well, that's Spencer, everyday after school. I understand it though, they don't really give him a chance at school. They have one break and he doesn't usually have to go until after that, by then, it's almost time to go home. The problem is compounded by the fact that he walks home. They make all the walkers wait until the buses have left. So, there he is dancing around in the line waiting to run home so he can, well, relieve himself. Compound the problem by the fact that we live several blocks from the school, he has his backpack and coat to deal with, those pesky buttons/zippers to deal with, it's too much for someone in such a hurry. Not to mention the days the front door is locked. I hear pounding and doorbell ringing in great urgency. Once inside, he leaves the front door open and his backpack in the doorway or on the front step (no time to put it off to the side), then he runs into the bathroom.

Today, I was in close proximity to the front door when he came in and the phrase I heard next was priceless and worth writing about. He ran in, as usual, unzipped and started his, um, relief. I was about to ask him about school when I heard a great sigh of relief and "Ohh, yesss, now that's the way I like it."

1 comment:

Paige said...

LOL. I am laughing, but that comment is a little disturbing, too. :-)