Sunday, June 29, 2008

Baby Proofing

Ever since Baby started climbing, we've been putting the chairs up on the table so she can't climb up on the table. We can't just push them in, she pulls them out. We also keep the trash can up there because she opens that and pulls out all sorts of things and then either tries to eat them or she takes them into the other room and drops them all over the place. Her favorite things seem to be banana peels... I don't know why. Anyway, we pull down chairs when we need them and put them back up when we're done. One day, I had to get kids off to school and was in a hurry after lunch so I never put the chairs back on the table (there are 3, 2 of them were still on the table, one was down.) We came home and I was in doing some laundry and Baby was walking around exploring, as usual. When I came into the kitchen this is what I saw:

(PS- No babies were harmed in the taking of this picture)
She was just in playing with the light. I guess by making it safe, I really made it far more dangerous... :( NOTE: Baby Proofing only works if the parents are idiot proof...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my .... baby on table :) She is one cute climber! I am so proud of you for doing a garden!!! That is great. I planted some starters from my mom today (mint and chocolate mint!) I don't have much of a green thumb so I hope I don't kill them all!
I am glad to see you are a super mom I guess I should get my act together!

Paige said...

Wow, look at her go. She is getting SO BIG! I can't believe it! Please post a clearer picture of her face for me so I can see how she's grown...please??