Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bounteous Harvest

Over the past few weeks I have harvested about 30-40 pea pods and my first broccoli! I have never really had a successful garden (we grew 2 pumpkins 2 years ago) I let my broccoli go too long so it was bitter, but now I know when to harvest it. The peas are about down, but the kids loved them, Spencer even ate some! My tomatoes are the next to come in, I have about 10 on the plants now (still very green) and then my cucumbers will be ready, they are tiny but there are about 15 of them started. In the next month or so, I could get several more broccoli heads. Then, hopefully in the fall I will be able to harvest some pumpkins, but they are just barely beginning to flower, so I don't know how many I will get. It's been exciting and fun to watch it all grow...

1 comment:

Paige said...

That's great, look at you with your green thumb! We started our garden too late this year (because you know, it snows until JUNE here) so I don't think our pumpkins will be ready in time for Halloween. But our corn is starting to grow!