Friday, February 22, 2008

Child labor

I'm blogging today because I can. I have my children working hard so I can play, play, play... Just kidding. It's a "snow day" with no snow, just ice, again. No school, which is bad. Anyway, I wanted to put my kids to work, so I had them clean up. Both boys like to spray things and work with chemicals and do not like to do the picking up part of cleaning, so usually, we have a problem. They are young and I don't want them getting the chemicals all over them. Today, I had both of them tell me, seperately that they wanted to clean the floor, and in Spencer's words, "use the strong stuff." The floor needed to be cleaned so I found a way for them to do it! I found some gloves, and put the boys to work, they had a blast! Sorry about the lack of clothing, that's just normal for the kids in our house...

3 comments:

The Petersons said...

I am glad you have the second photo, because in the first one, Spencer looks like he doesn't have Anything on!!!

Paige said...

I was thinking the same thing mom--how funny that you make them wear gloves to protect their hands, but don't do anything to keep the chemicals off their bums!

I can't wait till my kids are old enough to put to work!

ctarbet said...

In my defence, I did expect them to mop the floor in a normal manner, where you do an area and back away from it, so your body never touches an area that has been cleaned. In that case, you don't need clothes, just gloves, because the hands should be the only body part touching chemicals. I tried to show them this, but it was only a matter of minutes before they realized the the wet, slippery floor was really fun to slide on... so legs were soon exposed the chemicals. Had I known this, I would have made it a "clothing required" event instead of "clothing optional." Sorry.