Thursday, February 28, 2008

How do you measure time? and other fun quotes from the neighbor's visit...

The neighbor boy, also named Spencer, came over to play before school this morning... He is a very pleasant and social kid. He tends to talk a lot, sharing a lot of information about his life, some of it very personal, but most just really funny. I will call them Spencer (neighbor) and Spence (my son)...

(I set the timer for 10 minutes so they would switch activities - one wanted to play one thing and the other wanted to play something else)

Spencer: 10 minutes! That's not a long time. 10 minutes and the pizza's done, that's what my dad told me.
Spence: Well, our timer counts slower.

(this is only a breath away from his last thought, literally, this was his next sentence)

Spencer: Is your baby wearing a diaper? I like your baby, she's really cute. It hurts to have a baby. You have to say, ahh, ohhh, ouch... (the grunting and straining continue for several seconds, then he stopped). Yeah, it really hurts. I don't ever want to be a girl and have a baby.


Yes, it's always fun to have the kids around. I love their conversations!! I too measure time in how long it takes to cook a pizza. Funny that my son didn't want the 1o minutes to go quickly, so he says we have a slow timer. Funny that a 6 1/2 year old boy reinacted having a baby in my family room. Very fun, indeed. :)

1 comment:

Paige said...

LOL! I love kids.

By the way, at the park the other day there was a lady with two little boys; the older one was named Spencer and the younger one was Carter. She was pregnant, and I can only assume she was going to name the new baby Miana (boy or girl!)